Monday, February 4, 2013

A certain prop makes all the difference in the world

As a portrait photographer, I'm constantly on the lookout for new props. Sometimes they're expensive, gorgeous, unobtainable beauties.

Others are cheap, easy to find or easy to make.

I love anything shabby chic. Anything rustic or old.

So I came up with these



All I used to make this was an old mason jar, some twine, rock salt and a battery operated tea light candle. Just wrap the twine snugly around the mason jar lip and tie a "handle" to it. Fill the jar with rock salt and put a candle in it. Voila. Instant hanging candle holder.

I'm currently on the lookout for different colored mason jars to make even more of these beauties. Once the weather warms up I'm going to take my girly out and have a little twilight session so we can actually get some great shots. These worked out well, but I think they'd be better if it were darker.

At my engagement session this last weekend I used some mug hooks to hang them in the entry way here. Looked fabulous.


Not too shabby, eh?


Completely unrelated, but never-the-less gorgeous... Another shot from my engagement session. I love the bright pops of red and blue. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment