Sunday, January 19, 2014

Polish Review: Pahlish’s Doctor Who All of Time and Space Collection (partial) Review

I couldn’t justify spending an insane amount of money all at once for nail polish. So… What would any respecting Whoovian girl do when Pahlish was releasing their first installment of their All of Time and Space collection? Why she buys a few at a time, duh!

I started off with Mad Man with a Box:

tumblr_mzi4kl3UJO1s9c6nao2_250

Tumblr Credit to ithelpstodream

I have to say that when I started watching Doctor Who, I only had Netflix to go on. So I got attached (and attracted to) Christopher Eccleston’s Doctor. And then I liked David Tennant’s Doctor, but I had a hard time getting used to him because of the whole Harry Potter/Barty Crouch Jr/tongue flicking thing. Then Matt Smith came along with his bumbling, highly hyperactive and insanely sweet Doctor and I fell again.

And he was certainly a mad man with a box.

SONY DSC

Pahlish lists MMWAB as “a smoky navy blue jelly loaded with metallic gold flakes and blue glass-fleck shimmer”.

SONY DSC

What they don’t say is that you’ll squee as soon as you open it.

SONY DSC

And then squee some more when you look at your swatch pictures of it.

SONY DSC

Or die of pure excitement when you put it on (three coats with three coats of HK Girl and it STILL sucked up the TC, so be sure to use something like Glitterfood or Gelous!).

Or that it stained your skin blue like you finger-punched a Smurf when you took it off… But that’s a small price to pay for such a gorgeous polish.

SONY DSC

Here it is paired with The Ghost Shift.

SONY DSC

Some more gratuitous close up shots.

SONY DSC

I can’t help it! I couldn’t put my camera down!

cybermen

Photo Credit to the BBC

The polish I paired with MMWAB is The Ghost Shift, a polish that Pahlish states mimics the gunmetal color of the Cybermen’s armor.

SONY DSC

It’s a dark greyish silver holographic with a purple shift to it.

SONY DSC

You can’t see the holo in this picture cause it was taken indoors…

SONY DSC

But ehrmergerd look at this!!!

SONY DSC

And this! Surprised smile

SONY DSC

And BOOM!

SONY DSC

OH MY GOD IT’S SO SPARKLY!!! I’M GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised smile

OK… Phew… Ok… I think I’m better now.

The next half of the polishes came from last week or the week before that’s restock… I put family game night on hold for 15 minutes while I relentlessly stalked the shops website until it loaded.

tumblr_mxyyopZBdu1s6wq07o4_250

The next is So Not Married!, dedicated to Donna’s frustration with being considered as the Doctor’s romantic companion instead of just regular companion.

SONY DSC

Pahlish lists it as a “Deep black jelly base packed with intense red shimmer and rich gold flake” polish.

SONY DSC

Again, they fail to mention it’s a heart attack in a bottle.

SONY DSC

This one doesn’t seem to have the same top coat sucking capacity as MMWAB.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

And when outside it just sparkles like mad.

SONY DSC

I also purchased Bad Wolf, but that’s a friends’ birthday present, so I didn’t feel right swatching it… Although I really wanted to… So she better know how much I love her LOL.

The other two polished I purchased were the two in Pahlish’s January One Last Bow Duo…

tumblr_myw5gr6d501t06ftco3_1280

Tumblr Credit to dontblink-badwolf

SONY DSC

Eleven’s Hour is Over Now is listed as a “dark charcoal grey jelly packed with iridescent flakes in a rainbow of colors accented by soft silvery shimmer” polish.

SONY DSC

It is a sleeper-stunner.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

tumblr_myw5gr6d501t06ftco4_1280

Tumblr Credit to dontblink-badwolf

The Clock is Striking Twelve’s is next…

SONY DSC

Pahlish lists it as a “clear topcoat with a mix of gunmetal and holographic gunmetal glitters accented by small black hex and small matte gray squares with a dose of iridescent rainbow flakes”.

SONY DSC

I paired it with Eleven’s…

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

And it is sooo beautiful.

But it was a heavy heart that I put this polish on. I have a hard time coming to terms with the Matt Smith’s Doctor’s demise and I have an even harder time dealing with the new Doctor. Peter Capaldi has some mighty large shoes to fill.

I totally look forward to seeing the next installment of Pahlish’s All of Time and Space collection. I can only imagine how wonderful they will be!

You can purchase these and other polishes (when they’re in stock) at Pahlish’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment