Sunday, September 7, 2014

Nini’s Perfect Pumpkin Bars

When I was younger, these bars were ehhh… I didn’t really care for pumpkin… In bar or pie form. I don’t know why. But now that I’m older I CRAVE these bars and pretty much anything pumpkin in origin from September 1st on LOL
These are no exception. My mom has been making them since I was little. It was a recipe she got when she worked in law enforcement and I have to say they’re the bomb.
DSC_0408
Nini’s Perfect Pumpkin Bars

Day Two: Here I've waited my whole life for you, and now you don't even want me. 

2 c. Flour
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
4 eggs, beaten
2 c. Pureed Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling; regular pumpkin puree)
1 c. Cooking Oil

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. In separate bowl combine eggs, pumpkin and oil until combined. Add in dry ingredients in increments to mix in thouroughly. Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
6oz Cream Cheese softened
3/4 of a stick of butter, softened
2 tsp. of Vanilla
3 to 3 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar

In bowl, mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat well after each addition. If frosting is too thick, add small amounts of milk to thin it out.
You can sprinkle pecan pieces (or walnuts) over the top of the frosting. Or add it to the frosting itself. We’ve done it both ways and love it.
Cut, eat and enjoy!!!
DSC_0412

No comments:

Post a Comment