Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Polish Review: Literary Lacquers Wrinkle in Time Collection

WrinkleInTime6

When I was in the sixth grade I discovered Madeleine L’Engle and A Wrinkle in Time. I got lost in the world she created, as I did with many of the books I loved (and still love today). The images she painted with words still give me goosebumps to this day.

Amy, the creator and genius behind Literary Lacquers has come up with a collection of seven beautiful polishes based on L’Engle’s works. I am here tonight to share three of them with you!

DSC_0277

First up is Aunt Beast, labeled in the shop as “A tarnished silver linear holo packed with taupe microflakies – a true neutral” it is a stunner.

DSC_0278

I really dig how it’s not in your face, how it’s understated and yet undeniably gorgeous.

DSC_0293

As with before, the sun was not a friend of mine, so I have nary a sunlight shot to share with this gorgeous polish, but even with flash you can still see the beauty!

DSC_0294

Two coats reaches full opacity, three coats makes it shine even brighter!

DSC_0281

Next up is Megatron, listed as a “royal purple linear holo with purple and silver holo sparkle added”.

get-attachment (1)

I was lucky enough to get sunlight pictures of this beauty!!!

get-attachment

But a really crappy macro shot LOL go figure. Again, two coats is completely opaque, three makes it shine!

DSC_0279

Next up is my favorite. I’ve been looking for a white holo like FOREVER and I found it in Tesseract.

DSC_0280

It’s not exactly a linear holo, but not exactly a scattered holo. Either way you go, you’ve got beautiful white holo gorgeousness.

DSC_0296

It is really hard to capture with flash though!

DSC_0298

And I had pictures on my phone of it in the sun (what sun I could muster) but my phone dumped everything and I lost them Sad smile *sad panda*

It goes on creamy smooth in two coats, but three really makes it pop. I absolutely ADORE this polish! Dry time is nil with pretty much any of Amy’s polishes.

You can purchase them at Literary Lacquer’s Etsy shop (it looks like Tesseract may be sold out!)and make sure to stop by and show her some love on her Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment