Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nail Polish Review: Cosmos Lacquers

I’ve got some awesomely talented friends. I mean seriously. I don’t think any girl has friends that are as awesomely talented as mine. You might think you do, but you don’t. Not in the slightest!

One of my good friends is venturing into the murky waters of Indie Polish making. I tried to do that- but failed horribly. I think anyone that ventures into making money off their hobby is seriously seriously risky but usually always rewarding.

Tia’s doing an awesome job cultivating Cosmos Lacquers first line of polishes. Umpteen tests and retests have been done…. Failures have been cataloged and noted…. I’ve watched her each and every step of the way and I have to say I haven’t been more proud. She is REALLY doing a bangup job.

First off in the review is C3P-Oh no! I love the name of this one lol

SONY DSC

C3P-Oh no! is an awesome shimmery copper with deep copper micro square glitters interspersed.

SONY DSC

It’s gorgeous, isn’t it? I’m not usually a huge fan of coppery-orange polishes. They usually don’t work with my skin tone. But I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It has just the right warm undertones that make sure that it’s not going to turn my uber-pale skin look jaundiced.

SONY DSC

This is it with just one coat. You can see while it’s shimmery, it is very opaque. If you were to use it over a polish like OPI’s Deutsch You Want Me Baby I could imagine how wicked it would look. I may have to horde this precious and do that this fall!

SONY DSC

And here it is in two coats, complete opacity reached with no streakage often found in shimmer polishes. Now the glitter doesn’t show through quite as well, but you can still see it.

SONY DSC

Next up is the beauty that is Fairy Princess. A gorgeous shimmery pink polish with small gold circles it’s a gem.

SONY DSC

And yes, it might look like the circles are curling a little, but rest assured it’s just the angle my camera caught it at. They lay completely flat. I love how the little circles look like stars almost.

SONY DSC

The first nail is with two coats of Fairy Princess, the rest have three. It really is a very subtle spring-time polish. I love how it glows and shimmers in the light. When I had this on I honestly couldn’t stop staring at it lol.

SONY DSC

I am seriously in love with this polish. I love how the gold glitters catch the light and twinkle just like you’d expect a fairy princess’ crown to shimmer. *sigh* I love it.

I will have more polishes to review from Cosmos Lacquer and once she gets her etsy shop up and running, I will edit this post to provide the information. She’s looking at the last part of this month, early June for her store launch. I’ll be sure to keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment