Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tutorial Thursday: Santa Hat French Tips

In the spirit of Christmas, I bring you awesomely festive and SUPER EASY Santa Hat French Tips!

SONY DSC

Supplies You’ll Need: A good red polish, I used butterLONDON’s Knees Up; a white polish, I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and a great fast drying topcoat. I’m using my heavily guarded and rationed Hong Kong Girl from Glisten & Glow. I was going to put a belt buckle on one of my nails, but when I got into it I completely forgot to do it, so the West End Wonderland and Raven are optional lol. You’ll also need a pallet and your trusty mechanical pencil!

SONY DSC

Step One: Using your mechanical pencil, dip it in the red and create a faux french tip with a little tornado like appendage hanging down. That gives me an idea for spring nails……. Hmmm….. Repeat this process on each nail, and switch up the direction that the hat hangs down if you’d like.

SONY DSC

This is what it’ll look like when you’re all done. I’ve switched directions and gave them gaunty angles and what not.

SONY DSC

Step Two: Take your mechanical pencil and dip into the white and then lightly press onto the nail creating the fuzz around the brim of the hat and the end of the hat.

SONY DSC

Step Three: Give yourself a good layer of topcoat and voila! You’re done! How easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment