Tuesday, January 1, 2013

20. Shimmer- Alice

The first polish on the countdown in Shimmer's Alice. I got this polish through a destash I do believe.

I bought it because my step sister's name is Alice and I freaking love glitter. And silver. And polish. And I have never owned a Shimmer polish.

I really should, and I've thought about buying one directly from her store. You can get a special made polish with your name or someone else you'd like to grace with a polish. I just can't think of what I want. It's hard to come up with your own polish. So much easier just to pick one out and say hey, that's mine!

I've never used this polish. Its been sitting in my stash for almost nine months, neglected and sad. So I figured I'd whip it out and share in the silvery goodness!

It's a clear base chock full of all different sizes of holo hex glitters. But it's not too full. The base to glitter ratio is right on target.

Freaking gorgeous right? It's so shimmery and rainbow-y. Dry time is pretty good, but you'll need at least 2 coats of a strong topcoat like Hong Kong girl as this is a pretty thirsty glitter.

Please pardon the redness of my hands... It's 27 degrees outside and there's snow and ice on the ground, but I had to brave the outdoors to get good pictures of this beauty.

And my cuticles look like crap, but oh well LOL I'm getting better at applying. This was with no cleanup and there's just a little speck of glitter out of place. Not bad at all!

All in all it's a gorgeous polish and I can't wait to use it again!

And joining me for the polish festivities....

My baby girl Queenie. So cold out there, but she's a fat cat with a warm place to sleep!

I love seeing her little kitty paw prints in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment