Friday, January 11, 2013

My First Influenster VoxBox

I've been a member of Influenster for awhile now. It's fun, you get to do a ton of surveys and write reviews on a number of different products. A few of my friends have got quite a few VoxBoxes and ranted and raved how cool they were.

I was so disappointed when I never got one. It took me months to get my first VoxBox. But I finally did!

Inside were three Palmolive Fresh Infusions dish washing detergent. They were somewhat well packed, except for a couple of problems. It looked like someone had half-opened the package and when I opened it up, the Lime Basil had leaked a bit on the bubble wrap.


The packaging is really pretty and sleek. They come in 16 oz. bottles, which for a single or a family that has a  dishwasher and only washes delicate dishes by hand would be ideal. For a busy family of five with no dishwasher to speak of it's kind of silly to buy it. At $2.96 at Walmart I'd have to buy two or three of these bottles just to last a month. That just isn't in my budget.


While the rest of the scents are good (I'll review those in a second) the Lime Basil one is nearly repulsive. I'm NOT a big fan of this one, but then again, I really don't care for the smell of limes period. This is not a product I'd go out of my way for.


Ginger and White Tea is an earthy smell laced with the tang of ginger. It's ok. The ginger can get a little overpowering every now and then, but it's not completely offensive.


My favorite was the Lemon Thyme. Such a clean, fresh smell and it's not overpowering in the least, which I was afraid of with the addition of the thyme.

The formula is pretty much the same as Palmolive. Has the same grease cutting action and the same cleaning capabilities. It even cut through the dried latex paint I had on my hands. Pretty darned impressive for a good-smelling soap.

Would I drop my normal brand and buy Fresh Inspirations? No. Probably not. Just because of the size. I need a larger size for it to be effective. But all in all it is a good product!

No comments:

Post a Comment