Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Glimpse into the Life of the Witch

Things have been busy leading up to this weekend, so I haven’t been posting much other than a couple of tutorials and what not. We’ve been getting a TON of rain, and I mean a ton. We’ve got around 13-15 inches in the last week and a half. That makes people around here in Southeast Kansas a little skittish after the flood of 2007.

SONY DSC

This is a slightly skewed view of the Verdigris River, one of the major rivers that flows here in SEK. It’s wayyyyy out of its banks, as you can tell.

SONY DSC

This is a view from the back side of our park that juts up to the Verdigris. There is a road that runs paralell to the river, and it’s completely covered.

SONY DSC

This is a view of where the goats live in the zoo. It’s pretty much completely under water and seems to just be getting worse.

SONY DSC

This is the Elk River, another major river that flows through Southeast Kansas.

SONY DSC

It too is out of its banks. It’s pretty safe to say that any river or any creek around here is going to be out of its banks right now.

But that’s not all that’s going on!

SONY DSC

My eggplant is starting to turn purple!!!!!!!!!

SONY DSC

Biscuit had to enjoy the rain, of course.

SONY DSC

She played a little too rough and fell down in the puddle at the end of the sidewalk lol.

SONY DSC

We decided to go ahead and dig up our potato plant, because we figured there wasn’t anything growing. Much to my surprise- we found these little gems! I’ll be boiling these up tomorrow! Just a handful, that’s all. But it’s more than we thought we were getting!

SONY DSC

No bigger than blueberries, these little gems are just so freaking cute!!!

Slug1

I found slugs in the bottom of our potato pot. I HATE SLUGS. Serisly lol They are so freaking nasty and icky. So I showed Cubs and Biscuit what happens if you introduce the to table salt. And this is what happens, as you well know. They found it both disgusting and fascinating. Made me proud lol.

Lilies1

Today wasn’t all slugs and floods… While we were driving around the park, we spotted some gorgeous naked lady lilies standing proudly on the side of the road. I am going to have to blow a couple of these up!

I’m going to be getting all my batteries charged and ready for the weekend. If I have anything new to report, I’ll be posting again; but I wouldn’t expect to see me before Sunday Smile. Have a great weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment