Sunday, August 11, 2013

Recipe Time! Garlic Bread-Wrapped Meatballs.

You say what?! Garlic bread wrapped meatballs?! What kind of sorcery is this?

Well you’ve probably seen the recipe on Facebook. My mom tagged me in it and once I saw it I had to try it. I try every recipe once the way it’s written in the instructions, and then the second time (if there is a second time- sometimes my recipes fail to impress and we can’t find any way to make them better).

So I figured I’d try this one the way it said to the first time.

This is a pretty easy recipe and I suggest it for a side- unlike an entrée that we made it. Wasn’t filling enough… So I might have to make me and bubs some fried Eggplant later lol.

SONY DSC

Here’s what you’ll need (full recipe at the end of the post): Shredded parmesan cheese, Grands flaky layer biscuits, oregano (or Italian seasoning like it calls for, but I didn’t have) Garlic powder or garlic salt, premade Italian style meatballs and string cheese.

SONY DSC

Cut four pieces of string cheese into five smaller pieces. You’ll need 20 chunks of string cheese when you’re done.

SONY DSC

It was REALLY hard for me not to put this bowl in the microwave and melt it and eat it with bread. REALLY hard.

SONY DSC

Take your biscuits out and get them ready.

SONY DSC

Get your meatballs ready.

SONY DSC

Take your flaky layer biscuits and separate them into two separate layers. I suggest, actually, that you should buy two things of biscuits because no where have I found a package of biscuits that hold 10 biscuits. Only 8. So I don’t know what they were thinking when they came up with this recipe.

SONY DSC

Take and place a piece of cheese in the middle of your stretched out biscuit.

SONY DSC

Put a meatball in your biscuit pouch. Please excuse my chipped mani. I haven’t gotten the chance to redo my nails. Continue this until you have all your cheese pieces used up.

SONY DSC

And there you have your little meat and cheese pouches.

SONY DSC

Take your trusty garlic powder and sprinkle thusly….

SONY DSC

Not really sure how much I used…. I just sprinkled… No measurements needed.

SONY DSC

Do the same with the Oregano or Itallian seasoning….

SONY DSC

If you do all this whilst using Julia Child’s accent, then you’re doing it right. Do everything whilst using Julia Child’s accent.

SONY DSC

Take your parmesan cheese (don’t sniff it right now, cause it smells like butt) and sprinkle it over your rolly thingies.

SONY DSC

This is when it starts smelling like pizza…… Bake for about 25 minutes….

SONY DSC

And THIS is what you get. NUM YUMMY!!!!

SONY DSC

Serve with marinara sauce and your favorite Italian accoutrements and you have a scrumptious dinner!!!

Garlic Bread-Wrapped Meatballs

1 can Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk or flaky biscuits


20 frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs (about 5 oz), thawed


4 sticks (1 oz each) string cheese, each cut into 5 pieces


grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon Italian seasoning
teaspoon garlic powder or garlic salt
1 cup marinara sauce, heated


Directions:
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each biscuit layer into 3-inch round.


2 Place 1 meatball and 1 string cheese piece in center of each dough round. Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal. In ungreased 8- or 9-inch round cake pan, (or a 9x13 rectangular pan) place seam side down in single layer.


3 Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.


4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center. Serve warm biscuits with warm marinara sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment