Monday, July 21, 2014

So sorry I’ve been neglecting you!

So so sorry, my Witchie-Poos! It’s been a heck of a few weeks. My son came home from his month-long vacation with my sister. It seems like he’s grown a foot or so. He’s only like two inches shorter than I am now. It’s scary. He’s only twelve.
I turned 33. It wasn’t as scary, or hasn’t been as scary as I thought it would be. I had a great day with my Mama Witch and my kiddlets. I got a new Vera Bradley purse, which I had to promptly return. Turns out that my strap was shorted about 10 inches. So we’ll see how long it takes them to send me a new one. It could take from 10-14 days and it’s already been a week. I want my purse back, dangit! lol
We had some gorgeous fireworks here at home and then again on the Fourth at Coffeyville, Kansas’ Fourth of July celebration thanks to the Cactus Hill Family.
DSC_0290
DSC_0081
DSC_0086
DSC_0185
DSC_0222
DSC_0262

Day Four: May I put you on hold while I run to my desk? Uh... You're not calling from a bridge or holding a weapon?

I really wish we could get up as close as we used to, but alas. Regulations are regulations. It was still a spectacular show and my Uncle Mel, my hubs and father in law and the rest of the guys (and gals) out there have never failed to take my breath away.
DSC_0078
I also found a field full of cheery sunflowers and couldn’t help but stop and take a few thousand pictures.
DSC_0098
DSC_0100
How can you not smile when you see them????
DSC_0034
DSC_0046
And of course, I had to add my take on a couple.
DSC_0029
I also found a wonderfully yummy tree-crowded lane…
DSC_0130
And a delightfully mysterious little alcove notched out in the trees.
It’s been kinda fun just driving around with my camera. I don’t do that very often anymore and I really, really need to. I miss being behind my camera.
So all in all, it’s been a kinda boring couple of weeks. I wish I had more awesome things to report, but unfortunately I don’t lol
I hope all my wonderful Witchie-Poos are taking it easy and staying cool. We just now got into the icky part of summer. Kinda nice that it’s taken this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment