Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Polish Review: Frozen Water Designs

Hello there, Witchie-Poos!!! I hope the last night of summer is treating you well! I’m sitting here, writing this up and watching Dancing with the Stars. I had some computer issues earlier this week, so that’s why I wasn’t able to get any of my reviews up until now. I tried downloading an older version of the Sims and evidently my computer doesn’t have enough RAM to run it and all the other programs I have to use. So something had to give… Sims went down the Recycle Bin!

Anywho! I have three gorgeous polishes from Frozen Water Designs here for your viewing pleasure. But first… Lets get to know a little about the creative genius behind these beauties!

GW: What are your favorite sources for inspiration?


FWD: What isn't, might be the easier question! so far, I've had inspiration from video games, music, TV shows and movies, and comic books. and fan suggestions! Can't forget those.


GW: Where does your creativity stem from to allow you to come up with an array of colors and possibilities?


FWD: I figure if I can visualize it, I can make it. It's been working for me so far.


GW: What do you love about making polish?


FWD: I love that I can look at something, distill it into it's base colours, create it, and then have people look at it and go 'I know exactly what you were going for!'; and I also love that people enjoy wearing these things that came from my wild, random brain.


GW: If someone copies one of your polishes, is that flattering or insulting?


FWD: No one has done it yet, so...it would probably be flattering, but weird. My ideas come from a lot of cool places though, and if the creators of my inspirations ever saw my work, I would hope they'd be flattered, so let's go with I'd be flattered too :)


GW: What made you start making polish?


FWD: I'm super picky about nail polishes. I got pretty tired of thinking I'd enjoy a polish for a long time, but then being dissatisfied after one or two wears. Now I can make exactly what I want. Also, as with many of my crafts, I was advised I would be good at it...so I went for it!


GW: What are some of the new polish trends going around that you like and what are some that you cannot stand?


FWD: I don't generally follow industry trends, so i can't really speak to this a whole lot. If instagram tells me anything though, it's that the fashionista set are getting back into those incredibly long nails, and those kind of make me crazy. I like practical nails, even if the art on them is wild as can be. that's not really polish related though, is it?


GW: Do you have anything awesome in the works for your customers?


FWD:  I'm sure I do, but it's all locked up in my brain until the next bit of glitter bomb crazy sauce strikes...


GW: Lastly, what type of base coat do you use or suggest? As well as top coat?


FWD: My current preferred base coat (when I remember to use it) is Julep’s oxygen smoothing base coat. It's supposedly good for your nails, and it makes everything look nice. I only really use a top coat when doing actual nail art pieces (on myself, haha), so I don't really have a specific one to recommend.

 

Now on to the beauties!!!

DSC_0854

Diamond Dogs, listed as “a sheer and shimmery white polish, made with a hint of glitter and almond oil (to help nourish your nails).” Will bring you either to the Moulin Rouge or a “foggy” divey joint where you might have found David Bowie crooning in the 80s. Either way, you won’t be disappointed!

DSC_0899

This beautiful, super sheer shimmer does take a bit to reach opacity. I think I have three coats shown here and it’s still kinda sheer. But I love the ethereal look to it! Dry time is nil, and it really does feel awesome on the nail!

DSC_0865

As beautiful and haunting as the man it inspired, Madman is listed as “a little bit of purple, a little bit of deep blue, and all the sparkle of the stars. oh, and a bit of nourishing marula oil, as well.” It is a truly stunning jelly polish that could have multiple uses in the nail world.

DSC_0912

It builds up wonderfully for a sparse jelly sammich, but still looks gorgeous with all the shimmer and shine of the glitter.

DSC_0922

And lastly, I have one of the two polishes that makes up the Crema Collection. This is Espresso, a beautiful coffee/copper colored holo beauty. Its duo mate, Cream unfortunately had a bit of a disaster in transit.

But honestly. Espresso is a STUNNER. It really, really got me wanting everything fall-color related. I need all the falls!!

With every polish that I’ve reviewed, dry time is nil on Espresso as well. They’re not overly stinky like a lot of them are anymore. They apply seamlessly and beautiful.

At $10 a bottle, it is in the mid-range of my Indie Designer list and you won’t be disappointed. Make sure to check out her Etsy store!

 

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment