Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One more day to D-Day

So… July 2nd, eh? One more day until the dreaded 3-2. Yesterday my son came home from my sisters house after being gone for a looooong month. So we proceeded to have some good ole fashioned family fun.

4

We started out the afternoon with some smoke bombs. Which, I wanted to get some super close shots of but couldn’t get close enough without getting fumigated. I really need a bigger zoom. Or a gas mask.

SONY DSC

Kind of reminds me of the Isle of Misfit Toys in Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer. Except it’s the Isle of Burnt Smoke Bombs. And not as cute. Or snowy. So it’s really not like it at all. *sigh*

1

Then we had to do the obligatory snakes. They burn up in a blink of an eye, but they’re fun. And I’ve been doing those since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.

2

Oooo wee. Those are spectacular, huh?

3

Now these are some powerful poppers. They were labeled Thunder Poppers and at $2.99, I told myself they better be worth it or I’d be pissed. A couple years ago, Jakes Fireworks here in Indy were selling what were labeled as “Adult Poppers”. Come to find out, there was as much gunpowder in there to equal a black cat firecracker. We didn’t find them the next year, so imagine my surprise when I found these at Sizzboom Fireworks here in town. I was a little apprehensive. But I picked up a couple boxes and decided to give them a try. They’re a good inch long and pack QUITE a punch. The picture in the bottom right is of one of the poppers intact, the other is one blown up. Quite a difference, huh???

SONY DSC

Here’s my boyo, trying to hide from me, sure I was going to throw one of the poppers at him. I’m not even that mean, those suckers would hurt.

5

And of course, we had to do the typical boy shots with the streamers from the party poppers…. Mohawk, snot, puke, a tail and poo. Yup. We’re special…..

SONY DSC

And here’s my wild prairie child Biscuit out in the north 40 of our yard, as far away from the gigantic poppers as she could possibly get.

SONY DSC

She also held court with some of the neighbor girls as well. If they start hanging out more, we’ll have to call them Biscuit’s Buddies.

SONY DSC

A little well-deserved brotherly/sisterly love. You’d think I was holding a branding iron to their backs with the looks on their faces.

SONY DSC

Soooo pretty

SONY DSC

A contemplative Cubby.

SONY DSC

Oh, and my Fool’d You Pepper is growing!!!!

SONY DSC

And it’s growing a butt crack. As evidenced by the red arrow pointing at it.

SONY DSC

Lookit the pretty Shamrock flower.

NewWonder

And my pretty New Wonder. This one is doing fabulously.

SONY DSC

I part with you on this fine day and leave a friendly little caterpillar (or if you say it like me- callipilar). Have a great Fourth of July, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment