Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Doctor Who-Hedgehog Tutorial

Say what?! A Doctor Who-Hedgehog nail art design?! Well ok. It’s a Doctor Who-inspired hedgehog tutorial LOL. I don’t have any hedgies falling out of TARDIS’ or anything. That would be animal cruelty, and I don’t promote that.

SONY DSC

This is what you’ll be aiming for. And I’m sure you can do SO much better than I did. I suck at using my dotting tool, and I hadn’t eaten so I was pretty shaky.

Here’s what you’ll need:

SONY DSC

You’ll need at least five colors of your choice. I kept it kinda matchy-matchy. I have all China Glaze polishes (except for the two Zoyas, dur) L to R: China Glaze Holographic Strap On Your Moonboots, Ruby Pumps, Go Go Pink, Electric Beat, Fast Track; Zoya’s Purity and Raven and China Glaze’s Good Witch. Oh, and your topcoat of choice. I’ve got my trusty Out the Door here. You’ll also need a scrap piece of foil or a pallet and a dotting tool.

SONY DSC

Step 1.: First off, you take your first color and draw a jaunty little outline of what you think your hedgies hair will look like. Do this in each color on each nail. You want to take it at least midway up your nail, leaving the bottom part of your nail blank.

SONY DSC

Step 2: Then take the outline color and fill it in. Sometimes, depending on the formula of the polish, you may have to do a second pass. Sometimes you don’t. Like I said, just depends on the polish you’re using. (Sorry about the fuzziness of the picture. I was trying out a new way of taking photos of my tutorials and it looks like this one didn’t pan out. I’ll try again next time!)

SONY DSC

Do this on each nail

SONY DSC

You’ll end up looking like this.

SONY DSC

Step 3: With your flesh tone, or brown tone (I used CG’s Fast Track), put their cute little hedgie faces on the bottom part of your hedgie’s hair.

SONY DSC

Step 4: With your red, draw a dot in the middle, then little triangles on each side to mimic bows. Put them in the hair for the girlies, down at the edge of the nails for the boys.

SONY DSC

Step 5: Using your white and your dotting tool, dot on the eyeballs on each hedgie. I stuck pretty well in the brown parts.

SONY DSC

Step 6: Then using your black, dab in the pupils and their noses. Cover with a good topcoat and you’re done!

SONY DSC

Now doesn’t he make a cute Doctor?! LOL Like I said, this was Doctor Who-inspired, not realistic in the slightest.

If you have any ideas for any future tutorials, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment