Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Polish Review: Kawaii Nail Lacquer’s Stars and Dots

Another polish perfect for the Fourth. I’ve worn this pretty twice since I bought it (which is pretty much unheard of with me LOL I usually wear once and call it good lol) Jamie over at Kawaii Nail Lacquer doesn’t fail to tickle our patriotic fancy with this little gem.

SONY DSC

She lists this beauty as a white crème jelly base with tiny red, white and blue hexes, small red and blue stars, and medium red, blue and holo circles. She sells this limited edition polish in her shop on Etsy for a whopping $9.00, which is more than fair for the craftsmanship and customer service that you receive.

SONY DSC

What she doesn’t say is how awesome this polish is and how beautifully it translates onto the nail. For being a “crelly” it glides on effortlessly smooth and most of the glitters lay completely flat, except for a stray holo circle that I always have problems with sitting flat on my curved nails.

SONY DSC

This is two coats over a naked nail, with a coat of Gelous and a topper of Out the Door. You can see on the pointer fingernail I have a bit of an issue with one of the circles. But that’s my nail’s fault, and my fault for not placing them better.

SONY DSC

Here’s a menagerie of stars, circles and stars. And this was just two coats. Perfection! Please excuse the dryness.

SONY DSC

A closer shot of the offending circle, which it wasn’t really “raised” as much as it was an optical illusion of sorts.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Here it is the second time I wore it, one thin coat over Zoya Purity. Purity isn’t one of my favorite whites, but it was the easiest to find on short notice. And I got a little over-zealous with my cleanup on a couple nails. Oh, and the poppers that I showed here? They’ll be featured in my next blogpost. They’re freaking awesome.

SONY DSC

And the last one with my son’s party popper spoils.

All in all, this polish is fantastic. It’s bright, colorful and full of patriotism. I strongly urge you to get this beauty while you still can! Go stop by Jamie’s Etsy and buy this, and other LE Fourth of July polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment