Saturday, February 1, 2014

Recipe Tutorial: Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

My dear mother showed me a picture of some scrumptious looking cinnamon rolls on Facebook. Along with the pictures, they added a description on how they made them. They did exactly as I did, but they used uncooked bacon. To me that equated to a huge, nasty, greasy mess that would basically turn some really good cinnamon rolls into inedible, greasy blobs of nastiness.

So I had to do it my way.

SONY DSC

Here’s what you’ll need: Pie plates (duh), cooking spray, your favorite cinnamon rolls and already cooked bacon. I didn’t use both tubes for the bacon cinnamon rolls, I used the other tube to make regular ones so if the bacon ones didn’t turn out well we’d have back up.

SONY DSC

Carefully open the tube and place the frosting off to the side. Taking one roll, unroll it until the last little curl.

SONY DSC

Place one piece of already cooked bacon on the cinnamon roll’s internal yumminess.

SONY DSC

Roll back up and place any excess cinnamon mixture back onto the top roll.

SONY DSC

Repeat and place thusly into the cooking vessel. (Or Cooking Wessel… Let me know if you get this… LOL)

SONY DSC

Mmmmm yummy

SONY DSC

Take some of the unused bacon and tear it up and put it on top. This is completely optional, but… I love bacon…

SONY DSC

Cook as directed on the package… This is about 26 minutes and it was perfect.

SONY DSC

Let them rest a little so the frosting doesn’t just evaporate.

SONY DSC

Frost…

SONY DSC

And enjoy!!! I seriously think this would be the perfect addition to a brunch with like an egg breakfast casserole or something.

SONY DSC

*drool*

SONY DSC

Don’t expect these to last long… Cause they won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment