Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Photographer

You have to see the beauty in things to really appreciate life. I learned this very early on in life and I look for the beautiful in everything. Especially when my life is in turmoil and I’m really stressed out. This week I’ve had my camera with me a lot and I didn’t realize how much I missed that.

SONY DSC

This actually might have been from two weeks ago. Or more. But I am just now getting around to putting it on here. Shame on me. I was really kinda bummed about moving to the country (you can read about this in a later post of mine) due to the fact that my lightning shots weren’t gonna be near as awesome as they were. Man was I wrong. This storm wasn’t even that powerful, so I can’t wait until I get a REALLY good one.

SONY DSC

While shooting my vow renewal last weekend I was faced with a TON of gorgeous flowers. These cute little pansies just spoke to me. Makes me remember the pansies and voilas that were on Alice in Wonderland.

SONY DSC

Not really for certain sure what these are, but I have been seeing them EVERYWHERE lately. Can’t say I’m bothered, as they are the perfect shade of lavender.

SONY DSC

You can’t get much better than a well-made bouquet of roses and lilies. Especially Casablanca and Stargazer lilies.

SONY DSC

More purple pretties. May need to get some prints made soon.

SONY DSC

Look at the cute little bloom on my Fooled You Pepper!!!! Which, the next day, the rain promptly destroyed. But alas, there are two more blooms in its place now and there MIGHT be a new pepper forming!

SONY DSC

The gorgeous John Mack-esque bridge east of Independence on the old highway. I’m going to shed some major tears when and if this architectural landmark ever gets condemned.

SONY DSC

Entitled: No news is good news.

SONY DSC

I went out Sunday evening to shoot some storm clouds. Instead I took about 100 frames of Queen Anne’s Lace. I looooooove Queen Anne’s Lace. I don’t care if some people consider it a weed. I seriously contemplated using it for my bridal bouquet when I got married 10 years ago!

SONY DSC

Another. In this one you can see the little purple dot in the middle.

SONY DSC

A shot of a pod opening. Looks great in color, but even more stunning in black and white.

SONY DSC

Some bright little Shasta Daisies and QAL. I promise I think this should be the last one.

SONY DSC

So instead I give you gratuitous beautiful butterfly pictures.

SONY DSC

And another

SONY DSC

Yet another!

SONY DSC

Yup you guessed it!

SONY DSC

For something a little different…. A gorgeous Kansas wheat field. One of our namesakes. I am pretty sure there is nothing like the sound a wheat field makes when the wind blows through it. It’s just…. Mesmerizing.

SONY DSC

And tonight I took a bit of time out of my work to check out the Pre-Super Moon moon. I took I don’t know how many shots and only two pulled through. This was the best of the two and EHRMERGERD. Sooooo pretty.

SONY DSC

I leave you tonight with a very special picture…. I didn’t see these wiley sprites until I looked through the pictures. There they were, playing around and making a nuisance. But you can’t fault a fairy. It’s in their nature to be mischievous Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment