Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fish 50th Anniversary/Vow Renewal

Last Sunday I had the privilege of photographing a lovely couples 50th Anniversary and vow renewal. To find a couple that has actually made it a whole 50 years together is kind of a hard feat. Divorce runs rampant these days and to see that they perservered and it is actually possible makes me look forward to the next 40 years with my dear husband.

I asked the bride if she had any words of wisdom for me. She laughed and said “Ignore him a lot.” Which, I admitted I do quite often lol. She encouraged us to find separate hobbies and to always settle arguments. Oh, and to let hubs think that he wears the pants in the family, and to always let him wear them to bed LOL. I loved this woman.

And her family was pretty awesome too. I’ve shot some weddings that don’t include the photographer, that just act like I’m some kind of fixture. Which I am. It was nice to be included in this families celebration!

Here are some sneak peeks from the day:

SONY DSC

 SONY DSC

A picture of the couple on their original wedding day, 50 years ago and a beautiful boquet of lilies and roses.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

The family gathering for the ceremony

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

The officiant, the bride and groom and the original bridesmaids and groomsmen.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

<3 And then it was official <3

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

All seven of their boys. First time they’ve all been together in 8 years!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Getting ready to cut the cake

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

All the kids, grandkids and great grandkids

Thank you for letting me share your memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment