Sunday, June 30, 2013

A new week means new pictures

Ahhh my last full week of being 31 is down the drain on this gorgeous Sunday. I’m sitting out here on my front porch enjoying the wonderfully cool breeze that’s carrying intermittent smells of sulfur and gunpowder and sipping on my big glass of ice water, completely loving life and everything in it.

Next week, as time allows, I’ll be posting a review of Kawaii Lacquers Stars and Dots and a few other things that I’ve been working on. I just haven’t had the time as of late.

But for now, here’s some pretty eye candy to tide you over.

SONY DSC

Last Sunday found myself, my hubs and Biscuit out in the middle of nowhere. With some sheeps. Yes, I know that isn’t the correct plural of sheep, but I like saying sheeps, or sheepus. These wooly creatures completely caught us by surprise, but pleasantly at that. And they didn’t smell like cows- which was a nice change.

SONY DSC

The reason for being out in the middle of nowhere? The awesome Super Moon 2013, of course! I jump at any chance to take awesome pictures, and of course this was too good to pass up. Soooo pretty, and looked so huge rising.

SONY DSC

*sings* It’s a marvelous night for a moon dance! I mean, LOVE how can you not love this?!

SONY DSC

Another gratuitous moon shot.

SONY DSC

Yet another….

SONY DSC

And the last. If you’d like this as a timeline cover, let me know and I will send it to you Smile

SONY DSC

So the other morning before work I decided to get my camera out and get some pics of our gorgeous trumpet vine in our backyard. It smells from here to high heaven, but it’s so easy on the eyes….

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

As you can probably tell I am in serious love with Bokeh.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

A shot through our trumpet vine/mullberry bush/unknown vine/cedar tree. I love how this one turned out and it looks like the leaves are tinged in silver.

SONY DSC

Thankfully, white clover is pretty much the only weed that grows in our yard. Now that I’ve said this, we’ll get an abundance of dandelions and other nasty things.

SONY DSC

My potato in a bucket doing wonderful things. Going to be covering it up with peat and hopefully getting some blooms on it soon (and potatoes after that!)

SONY DSC

My little garden fairy bird feeder- one of the last yard ornaments that my PawPaw got me. I’ve held onto this one for years and you can tell- her paint is wearing off her “dress” and she looks a little bit worse for wear. But as always, she stands sentinel in my garden, watching over my flowers and all the other little fairies. Once I get my fairy garden together in the backyard, I’ll add her and her little friend below to watch over the peaceful goings on.

SONY DSC

My little rain fairy with her bent wings. Another garden gift from my PawPaw. She has little “cups” that chime together like bells when filled with rainwater. Granted, they’ve never worked right, but they are are pretty and my garden just isn’t the same without them.

SONY DSC

Some impromptu practice shots from my neighbors fireworks display the other night. I still need to research the correct settings I need to use and hopefully I will receive my remote shutter release by the 4th!

SONY DSC

Another gratuitous fireworks shot

 

CassieReadingRainbow

Something to get you 90’s kids’ memories jogged… “Butterflies in the sky, I can go twice as high. Take a look, it’s in a book….” it’s READING RAINBOW!!!! My mom got the idea to take pictures of Biscuit sitting on our disgraced front door rug and this is one of the shots I came up with. I kinda like how it turned out.

SONY DSC

One last parting shot of Biscuit flying through the sky. Any ideas on captions??? I can’t come up with anything!

So that’s basically about it for this week. Tune in next Sunday, same Battime, same Batchannel for some more peeks into this photogs life.

No comments:

Post a Comment