Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day in the Life of The Witch: Neewollah Day 1

Today is the first day of Neewollah, our annual Halloween festival (and the only one in the country!) Last night they crowned Queen Neelah (our version of the Corn Queen or Butter Queen or what have you) and tonight the rides open and the food vendors are touting their wares.

My mom and I decided to go and see what they had to offer. So we bundled up and headed downtown.

SONY DSC

We happened to park right next to a vendor selling pecan rolls. That was torture.

SONY DSC

They had these super cute little pots in the window with bread dough in them. I think the flower pot loaves were about $5? If they weren’t jalapeno bread, I woulda jumped all over it.

SONY DSC

The Neewollah flags were flying everywhere.

SONY DSC

This gal was making cotton candy, but for $4 a bag I wasn’t going to bite.

SONY DSC

Caramel apples *drool*

SONY DSC

More Neewollah flags, and my favorite cheese-on-a-stick joint. Go there every year!

SONY DSC

They also sell corndogs and nachos. But I can get corndogs from sonic and nachos from the gas station, so I wasn’t interested.

SONY DSC

They batter and deep fry your cheese of choice right in front of you. I picked American.

SONY DSC

And then you get this… An ooey gooey stick-o-yumminess that starts sliding down the stick after the first bite.

SONY DSC

*drool*

SONY DSC

Oh look… More caramel apples…

SONY DSC

And grater taters covered in cheese.

SONY DSC

You have to indulge in the prerequisite funnel cake.

SONY DSC

Oh and get a caramel apple after they taunt you.

SONY DSC

My mom begged and made me get her a pecan roll.

SONY DSC

And I enjoyed my caramel apple.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for pictures from our Doodah Parade, the parade the adults in town get to be a part of Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment