Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Polish Reviews: Literary Lacquers

I have a weird fascination with anything macabre. I love it. And I love old books. One of my favorite is Dracula by Bram Stoker. And I love polish. So when I found out that my good friend Amy over at Literary Lacquers was coming out with a Dracula inspired polish trio I was like… WHAT?! Seriously, if she keeps making polishes like these I am going to go broke.

SONY DSC

First up is Mina. It’s a gorgeous black jelly polish full of flecks and shards and squares and hexes in purple.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I seriously love this polish, but do not like the way it photographed, so I will be re-doing the swatch pictures for this and Lucy on Thursday when I can take advantage of the sunlight. It has some seriously awesome shimmer to it. (The amended pictures are at the end of this post!)

SONY DSC

Next up of course, is The Count. A shimmery black/gunmetal grey polish, it is a true stunner. Amy says it’s opaque at two coats, but can be worn over a lighter polish to give that polish a vampy look.

SONY DSC

It truly reminds me of bat or crow wings and moonlight.

SONY DSC

Here I wore it over Chanel’s Rouge Flamboyant. It really does lend it a slightly funky, very vampy look to it.

SONY DSC

Lastly I have Lucy for you. It’s kind of hard to explain Lucy. It’s a blackish/brownish base with a whole ton of different colored glitter.

SONY DSC

It is very vampy, very almost demure with a hint of something other-worldly.

You can find Amy’s polishes at Literary Lacquer’s Etsy shop. Right now she’s on a much needed vacation, but will be back in the swing of things in a few short days. If you haven’t tried out her polishes, you must. They’re some of the best out there!

SONY DSC

Here’s Mina over Orly’s Purple Velvet.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Here’s Lucy over Zoya Raven.

SONY DSC

Thank goodness for sunshine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment