Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Polish Review: The Lady Varnishes

Hello all! Only a few short days until Halloween! What all are you going to be? Keep an eye out for Halloween nail art tutorials, pictures from Neewollah and of course, my kids’ Halloween pictures! (Oh and recipes for some awesomely good baked yummies just in time for fall!)

Today I have for you a review of a few of the pretties available over at The Lady Varnishes. Her polishes are midpriced at $9 and she offers awesome customer service and the cutest little bottle perks ever.

SONY DSC

First up is Bigger on the Inside. If you’re an avid Whoovian like I am, you’ll definitely get the reference.

BOTI is a blue jelly base with large shimmer flex and tons of holographic glitter.

SONY DSC

Unfortunately, this bottle shot doesn’t do the polish justice. But then again, I’m a sucker for an awesome blue.

SONY DSC

Bigger on the Inside is opaque in just two coats. This is wear after 5 days on!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Next up is a gorgeous red shimmer crelly. It has red and gold glitters of varying shapes and sizes.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This little gem is opaque in two coats and I really love how she added just a hint of orange to warm it up.

SONY DSC

This is a red that looks terrific on us pale brunettes!

SONY DSC

Lastly I have Fantastic! Fantastic! is a black jelly full of black, blue, green and maroon glitters in all different shapes and sizes.

SONY DSC

The maroon looks a little more purple to me, but it’s still well… fantastic! LOL

SONY DSC

I’m not 101% in love with my swatches of this polish. I didn’t use any undies and I had to use artificial lighting, so I don’t think I do it justice. It looks like our first chance of sunshine is on Thursday, so I’m going to be reswatching it. It’s not that it isn’t pretty, because it really is, but I don’t like the way my camera caught it.

All in all though? The polishes I got were stunning. I seriously did not want to take Bigger on the Inside off and got tons of compliments on it. If you haven’t tried her polishes, you should. You can find most of her shades at her Etsy shop or at her new website. She’s not restocking polishes on her Etsy page and will be fully stocked on her website by the end of this month. Don’t forget to go by her Facebook page and show her some love!

**Amended post**

Like I said, I had to re-do the swatch photos of Fantastic! I couldn’t abide by the way they looked, so here’s the new ones!

SONY DSC

This is two coats of Fantastic! over Orly Lollipop. And it never fails that as soon as you finish a mani you have to go do something that puts a huge gouge in your nail polish but don’t have the time to fix it properly. Go figure. But it still looks fabulous and sparkles like a diamond.

SONY DSC

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment