Sunday, August 16, 2015

Polish Review: Bella Bosio

A year or so ago, I was doing a little get-to-know the designer segment in my blog and for some reason I quit doing it. Not sure why. So I’m implementing it again.

Today I have the owner and creator of Bella Bosio here for a little Q&A (and then her LOVELY polishes follow after).

The Good Witch: What are your favorite sources for inspiration?

Sheila: Myself and ideas I get in my head.

The Good Witch: Where does your creativity stem from to allow you to come up with an array of colors and possibilities?

Sheila: I have been playing with nail art as my form of creativity and art so decided I should make some.

The Good Witch: What do you love about making polish?

Sheila: There is nothing like creating something beautiful knowing I did it and seeing the end product as well as others really liking it.

The Good Witch: If someone copies one of your polishes, is that flattering or insulting?

Sheila: I think it would be flattering but depends on circumstance

The Good Witch: I love glitter and that's a major trend. Hate the new possibly not even a fad bubble gel nails it's hideous.

Sheila: I do have many things brewing I'm working on a pastel color line that will only be a limited edition for a few months this will be available in the next few weeks and I'm working on some beautiful fall colors, these are all not solid glitter but are colors with some sparkle in it.

The Good Witch: Lastly, what type of base coat do you use or suggest? As well as top coat?

Sheila: I have been using starting over after acrylics for a little while and this made and keeps my nails very strong and healthy. Tops coats I actually use 2 it's a technique I have to help make my manicure last more than a week and that's with regular polish, Sally Hansen complete ultra wear it's a super slow drying one and then the 60 second quick dry in red bottle called insta Dri.

DSC_0231

First up I have Cobalt Sparkle. It is chock full of gorgeous cobalt blue glitter. I LOVE it.

DSC_0245

A little out of focus eye candy.

DSC_0279

A little more in focus, and so gorgeous.

DSC_0346

Indoor lighting. It took 2-3 coats to reach opacity and may have been able to put one more coat on the ring finger. (Ring finger is mattified)

DSC_0347

Topped with a A Girl Obsessed’s Magpie Shine and it’s so freaking smooth. Dries in no time at all. Even without a topcoat it dries to an almost mirror-like finish.

DSC_0351

One spare coat over black.

DSC_0353

Mattefied and still gorgeous. I love a nice, dense glitter turned matte.

DSC_0357

Shining bright like a diamond in the sunlight. It’s stunning!

DSC_0226

Next up is Lavender Passion, a beautiful fuchsia glitter.

DSC_0250

I love bokeh’d glitter. Ugh!

DSC_0285

A little more in focus. *drool*

DSC_0372

Again, ring finger is matte. (Indoor lighting)

DSC_0376

Two coats and a coat of Magpie Shine.

DSC_0380

One coat over black.

DSC_0384

Matte and so gorgeous!

DSC_0386

Oh so luscious in the sun!

Now on to my favorite. I can see myself wearing this multiple times this fall.

DSC_0229

Roses are Gold is a beautiful rose gold polish. Like I said, this beauty will be fantastic this fall.

DSC_0280

DSC_0407

Indoor lighting and it’s just amazing. The indoor pictures don’t do it a bit of justice.

DSC_0420

Super shimmery it completely freaked my camera out lol.

DSC_0423

Even over black it’s like OMG. I have the perfect shirt that I’m going to wear this with.

DSC_0426

Matte is just as breathtaking!

DSC_0433

*mumbles incoherently* look at that sparkle!!!!!

Bella Bosio, completely 5-Free polishes are in the high priced range of my scale. Yes, they’re $14-$15 each, but they’re so worth it it’s ridiculous. You can find them in her Etsy shop and I greatly urge you to try them out! You will not be disappointed. Also make sure to stop by her Facebook page, show her some love and tell her the Good Witch sent ya!

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment