Monday, September 2, 2013

Polish Review: La Bella Vernice

Today on the blog I have three polishes from La Bella Vernice. Made by a gal in a group I’m in, these polishes have been all the rage right now.

SONY DSC

The first I have is Jozzibug. Roni lists this as “an aqua style holo blue”. It’s a scattered holo, and it does dazzle in the sun.

SONY DSC

The mix is very well pigmented, the scattered holo translates great on the nail.

SONY DSC

It’s a very pretty sky blue color.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Next up is Cinderella, a nice mix of pinkish purple holographic glitter. It’s a topper, as it takes at least three coats to reach full opacity by itself.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Here I paired it with Essence’s Break Through and it’s the perfect match.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This is just two coats of Cinderella and as you notice, it’s not opaque. It’s still pretty though!

SONY DSC

And here is Feeling Shameless. Roni lists this as an “ultra holographic thermal polish that changes color with heat.”

SONY DSC

I didn’t really catch the holo in this polish. It does have some sparkles, but it’s very scattered.

SONY DSC

One of the two problems I had with this polish is that it took five coats to become completely opaque and even then I had issues with what looked like wear on the tips even though that was impossible. It does dry to a very pretty periwinkle blue shade.

SONY DSC

When hot it darkens to a pretty deep purple/blue color. That’s where my other problem comes in. It doesn’t stay for very long. Like almost as soon as you take your hand out of the water, it starts changing color.

SONY DSC

This was literally just seconds after I took the picture above. Kinda disappointing that the thermal reaction didn’t stay longer :/

SONY DSC

This was taken right after the picture above.

All in all her polishes are good. The thermal left a little lacking in my eyes, but I’m very picky when it comes to thermal polishes.

You can pick up these and other polishes at La Bella Vernice’s website for $10 per full size bottle.

 

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment