Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Polish Review: Massive Sweet Pea Polish Review

Recently I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know the brains behind the new indie polish designer behind Sweet Pea Polish. Courtney is a sweetie and makes some awesome polishes. Her formula is flawless and she’s hellbent on getting the base to glitter ratio completely and utterly perfect. So much that if she doesn’t 100% like a polish she’ll scrap it and work it all over.

Here’s a Q & A to help you get to know her better. After that… The polishes! Open-mouthed smile

Good Witch: What made you start making polish?
Courtney: I saw some people on Instagram doing it and it looked really cool and fun.


Good Witch: What inspires you the most?
Courtney:
All the wonderful girls on Instagram. To name a few; bedizzle, hanick7107, feliifel and lovelylacquer.


Good Witch: If someone copies one of your polishes, is that flattering or insulting?
Courtney: Hasn't happened yet, but flattering. Hopefully they'd give me credit though ;)


Good Witch: What are some of the new polish trends going around that you like and what are some that you cannot stand?
Courtney: I love ombre/gradient nails. I can't think of one I can't stand. I love nail polish/nail art too much haha


Good Witch: Do you have anything awesome in the works for your customers?
Courtney: Oh yes, end of summer collection and my fall collection. Plus a few others. I will be releasing them soon!


Good Witch: What do you do outside of the polish world?
Courtney: When Im not working I like spending time with my friends and my two dogs.


Good Witch: What type of base coat do you use or suggest? As
well as top coat?

Courtney: I use Orly rubberized base coat and I love China Glaze's top coat


Good Witch: Is there any nail-related ritual you can't skip when you're doing your nails?
Courtney: Using a nail strengthener first.


Good Witch: Do you have any manicure secrets you'd share with us?
Courtney: Its a pretty well known secret, but using Elmers glue as a base before using glitter polish because then you can just peel it off.

ALRIGHT!!! Now onto the pretties!!!

SONY DSC

This one is white noise. Chock full of matte white and black hex and square glitters of multiple sizes.

SONY DSC

When I first looked at it I was like oooo… That reminds me of the snow-y channel on the TV that’s freaked me out ever since I saw Poltergeist as a kid. It’s aptly named White Noise.

SONY DSC

Here is one coat over Verity Bright Orange- which is BRIGHT orange. It goes on really well and again, dry time is minimal.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This one has to be one of my personal favorites of the ones she’s sent me so far. This VASTLY unassuming polish is a true stunner. This little beauty is named Peach Moonshine. It’s a brown THERMAL jelly base with coppery hex glitters of different sizes. It changes from brown to a really gorgeous peachy color.

SONY DSC

It does look a lot like Autumn Leaves, but it’s not. Trust me!

SONY DSC

Here it is warm. The thermal changes really quick, even when you’re just taking it out of the bottle to put it on.

SONY DSC

Another shot of the warm. Gorgeous huh? It really reminds me of fall with all the burnished copper colors and oranges and yellows.

SONY DSC

Now here it is just right after I put it under cold water. SO gorgeous. I am in serious lust with this polish.

SONY DSC

I love how the tips start turning brown first!

SONY DSC

Next up is Winter’s Coming. It’s a gorgeous glitter topper full of irridescent white glitters and shards.

SONY DSC

It looks like a snow globe inside. It automatically made me think of snow flurries and winter time… And Game of Thrones… LOL

SONY DSC

This is two thin coats of Winter’s Coming over Sinful Shine’s… Crap I don’t have it here, but it’s supposed to be purple although it’s showing up royal blue in EVERY picture I took. Sometimes I hate purple for that reason.

SONY DSC

It is REALLY gorgeous and it layers VERY well.

SONY DSC

Next up is Pumpkin Soufflé, a creamy shimmery orange crème polish. It is super pigmented and just has tons of shimmer.

SONY DSC

I’m not a big fan of oranges, because, frankly, they make me look like I’m dead. I just don’t have the skin tone for orange. But this one is a huge difference. It’s a lot cooler than most of the oranges around here, so I feel like I would have absolutely NO problem wearing this all the time this fall. This is two coats and it does go on rather thick, and streaks a bit like most crème shimmers do. I haven’t met a crème shimmer that doesn’t streak like a crazy teenaged boy runnin’ through the hallways on the last day of school.

SONY DSC

But I am super impressed with the formula and coverage of this polish. Most crème polishes take up to three or four coats to get full coverage but this puppy actually made it in one coat. I just overcompensate and add a second because I can’t help myself.

SONY DSC

Next up is Hocus Pocus. I cannot tell you how much I love the color combination in this one. There’s all different shapes and sizes of blue, purple, red, green, turquoise and lord only knows what else in there!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Here it is over another one of the polishes in the collection, Coppermine. It goes on flawlessly in one coat full of glitter. I love all the circle glitters in this one (I have a huge affinity for circle glitters of any color).

SONY DSC

I mean gah! Look at that!!!

SONY DSC

Next up is All Hallows Eve, a glitter topper full of all size and shape black and orange hexes. Very, very Halloween-y. I can see this one showing up in a LOT of my Halloween mani’s coming up!.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Here it is over Pumpkin Soufflé. It’s a stunner. Looks very edgy and tight!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Next up is Vampire Romance. Full of red and black hex, shard and bar glitters this one is an awesome topper and accompaniment to any mani.

SONY DSC

I decided what this mani really needed was a grey shimmer to really make it pop. I used LynBDesigns Slim, Yet Foxy and put two thin coats of Vampire’s Kiss over it.

SONY DSC

Gah!

Now, I have THREE more polishes to swatch and show you. But for right now, this will have to be enough! Sweet Pea Polish can be purchased at her Etsy shop. The Halloween themed polishes will be available either on or before October 6th. Please, go check out her shop and show her some love… And check back for the last three polishes Open-mouthed smile

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment