Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Argyle Nails

OK. Argyle is NOT one of my favorite plaids. Granted, I haven’t worn plaids since 2000, but it’s a very popular trend in nail art right now and I’ve been asked to do some plaid designs. So, here’s the first of two plaid nail art designs.

SONY DSC

Supplies: A gold or different shaded polish complimentary to your main two polishes. I used Orly’s Luxe. Two complimentary colors, one to use as a base, the other for the triangles on top. I used Zoya’s Jem and Stacy. You also need a chunky glitter, I used OPI’s Teenage Dream, but you really should use a bigger glitter. You’ll also need a dotting tool and a pallet. And paper towels!!!

SONY DSC

Step One: Paint your nail with your flat color and let dry. Then, using your second color, put a dot on the nail basically right in the middle.

SONY DSC

Using your polish, create two triangles, one on top of the other and then fill in.

SONY DSC

This is what you’ll get and hopefully yours will be a little neater than mine. I am REALLY rusty with my nail art, plus I was kinda shaky due to my blood sugar being low. So yeah… A cleaner line and fill would be key!

SONY DSC

Step Two: Using either a dotting tool or a nail art brush, take your gold, silver whatever color you’re using and create two intersecting lines. When you’re done doing that, kinda flip it over so the V is the other way and create your opposing lines.

SONY DSC

Step Three:

SONY DSC

Using your chunky polish and your dotting tool, pick up a bit of glitter and put it in the juncture of your lines for a little more definition.

SONY DSC

Use your cleanup brush and acetone and clean up your mistakes. Apply topcoat and you’re done!

SONY DSC

Not too shabby. Shoulda used a different shade of background. Ugh… Shoulda, coulda, woulda. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment