Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Polish Review: Mandyland Polishes

Through my indie list I’ve compiled I’ve come to find some awesome talent that isn’t very widely known. This is such a case of Mandyland Polish. She has an awesomely untapped polish goldmine.

She has a wide variety of polishes in her Etsy store, priced from $10 to $7. A lot of her polishes are named after songs, a big majority of those would be Beatles songs Open-mouthed smile.

Today I have three gorgeous gems for your viewing pleasure.

SONY DSC

First up we have Purple Haze, a gorgeous purple jelly polish filled with beautiful holo glitter.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This is three coats of Purple Haze. The only thing negative I can say about this polish is that every now and then you’ll find a bit of pigment that wasn’t properly mixed into the base and it streaks a bit. I don’t really mind it. Gives it another pop.

SONY DSC

I love how it’s not in your face and obnoxious like some purples.

SONY DSC

Big Shot is next. A goooooorgeous color shifting polish using chromaflair, this gem has a color shift from teal to purple with a slight gold shift. It is GORGEOUS.

SONY DSC

It honestly is super close to Enchanted’s polishes, in my opinion, but the formula is better.

SONY DSC

This is two coats of Big Shot over Zoya’s Raven. The day I did these swatches it was cloudy, so I was unable to get the shift like I wanted.

SONY DSC

Gah this is soooo beautiful.

SONY DSC

Lastly, Soleil, a duochrome topcoat that shifts from blue to green with a bit of gold thrown in. I can see this polish becoming very crucial in holiday manis from now on in.

SONY DSC

Unfortunately, my camera does not want to capture the gorgeousness.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

It really is a stunner in the sunlight in real life. My camera does not capture the majesty of it. I love how it shines and sparkles!

Don’t forget to go show some love on her Facebook page and check out her Etsy page!

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment