Monday, November 25, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Topsy Turvey Turkeys

A couple of years ago, when I first started out in the nail art world, I made a great set of fakeys with the cutest turkeys on them. So I decided to pull out my experience and do an even better take on them. And I bring you… Topsy-Turvey Turkeys!

SONY DSC

Supplies: Yesss, there are a ton of polishes in this mani. You don’t necessarily have to use so many, but I wanted to lol. You’ll need a base color, I used Zoya Stacy and a topper to go over that (or you can forego the topper and just go for the base color) and I used the AWESOME Alexandrite by LynBDesigns. Then I used Am I Ginger? by LynBDesigns, Strawberry Ice Cream Soma, Lake of Shining Waters, Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and Old Man and the Sea by Literary Lacquer; Heart’s Desire by Kawaii Lacquer, Wicked by Perception Nail Lacquer and Grape Ape by My-Stash Lacquer for wing colors. You’ll also need either a tan polish or white and brown acrylic paint for the body and either white and black polish or black and white acrylic paint for the eyeballs. You’ll also need to have an orange for the beak and a red for the waddle. You also need a pallet, a nail art brush and a dotting tool.

SONY DSC

Step One: Prep your nails with your base coat and a shimmery topcoat.

SONY DSC

Step Two: Get your pallet and your wing colors ready. Using your nail art brush and a little bit of nail polish, make a wing like shape out of your first color.

SONY DSC

I alternated nails, two right side up, the other two upside down.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
Now, repeat the process with the upside down nails. I put these a little off center so it would look like they’re popping up over the side of the nail.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Step Three:

SONY DSC

Using your acrylic paint, mix together a nice tanish color.

SONY DSC

Do a better job than me of putting the turkey bodies in place. Not too bad, but eh. LOL

SONY DSC

Step Four: Using your dotting tool, pick up a bit of white and place eyeballs on the turkeys heads. Make em look all wobbly and wonky.

SONY DSC

Step Five: Add your beaks with a bit of orange.

SONY DSC

Then add the blacks for the eyeballs.

SONY DSC

Step Six: Then add the waddle. Make sure the upside down ones kinda hang there looking funny since they ARE upside down.

SONY DSC

Step Seven: Topcoat and you’re done!!!

Hope y’all have a great Turkey Day!!!! Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment