Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Burberry Inspired Nails

I LOVE Burberry scarves. I don’t own one, but I covet them. Like the outfit that the gal in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days got for her dog and the scarves for them? LOVE. I dunno why, but I really like the pattern and color scheme.

So when I think of fall and plaid, the first thing I think of is the Burberry pattern, and I decided to do a Burberry design inspired by it. Didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted them to, but that’s usually the way it is LOL.

SONY DSC

Supplies: You’ll need four different polishes. You’ll need a good black- I used Zoya Raven, my go-to. A red- OPI’s Moscow Red. A white- Zoya Purity and a tan color. I don’t suggest Orly’s Decades of Dysfunction (I think that’s the one, I put the nail polish up) as it’s not tan enough, it’s more nude and you need a more tan polish. But this one will work in a pinch. You’ll also need a nail art brush and a pallet.

SONY DSC

Step One: Apply at least two coats of your base polish and let it dry completely.

SONY DSC

Step Two: With your striping brush or nail art brush, put two vertical white lines on the left side of the nail. When you’re done with that, put two more horizontal lines crossing the vertical lines at the top.

SONY DSC

Like that!

SONY DSC

Step Three: Using the black with your nail art brush, put a black line between the first two white lines, then a line on either side.

SONY DSC

Do the same with the horizontal lines.

SONY DSC

When you’re doing this, use a light hand on the lines so they’re not as thick. I need to practice on my lines, for sure.

SONY DSC

Step Four: With the red, place a line to the right of all the other lines (this is where I’m saying a lighter hand would be better so it’s not so jumbled.) and one at the very bottom of the nail.

SONY DSC

Like this. Add your topcoat and you’re done. I really should have done thinner lines. This mani kinda sucks. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment