Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Nail Art Tutorial: Fall Leaves Cutout Nails

HELLO!!!! I am soooo glad to be back. I’ve been down with a horrendous sinus infection/head cold for the last week or so. I haven’t even been able to wear my glasses due to sinus pressure. Ugh! I hate it!

So without further adieu, here’s what has to be one of my most favorite nail art looks to date.

DSC_0434

Here’s what you’ll need: At least four polishes- three to use as your gradient (or less if you want) and a nude for a topper. For the gradient I’m using Stached Lacquer’s Orodruin and Lovely Lunas Livery and Bella Bosio’s Autumn Rubies. For the nude topper, I turned to my favorite nude from OPI, Samoan Sand. You’ll also need the topcoat of your choice, nail art decals (again, I’m using Neverland Lacquer), a pair of scissors and tweezers- they make for placing the decals and taking them off a lot easier. You’ll also need a foam makeup wedge to create the vertical gradient.

DSC_0436

Taking your polishes, paint a stripe down the makeup wedge in the order you want. It doesn’t really matter how you do it, but make sure you do it the same way each time you go over the nail or else it’ll look funny. Once it’s applied, lightly press on the nail. You’ll have to go over each nail a few times to reach the thickness you’d like.

DSC_0438

You’ll end up with something like this. Cover it in topcoat and allow to dry completely.

DSC_0446

Press the decal to your skin a few times to release some of the glue and then fix them to your nails in the particular way you’d like them. Then cover with your nude nail polish. It may take one or two coats of the nude to cover completely.

DSC_0450

And voila! A really cute hombre effect. I had some issues with the decals wanting to sit correctly on the left hand but oh well.

DSC_0470

I really, really love how this turned out. The hombre was dazzling under the nude and I just love how the cutout turned out.

If you end up doing this awesome nail art look, make sure to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment