Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday Tutorial: Fall Trees

Helllloooooooooooo!!!! I am FINALLY getting a chance to post these. I’ve been so flipping busy it’s not even funny! But onto the tutorial!

Supplies You’ll Need

DSC_0207

You’ll need: A good clear coat- I used Sally Hansen’s No Lamp Gel topcoat and LynBDesigns B-Shiny topcoat. You’ll also need some polishes of your choice. I used Stached Lacquers Lovely Luna’s Livery and Orodruin; Bella Bosio’s Roses are Gold, Autumn Rubies, White Gold Engagement and Galactic Rush (it’s on sale right now for $12!!!); and a nude polish- I chose OPI’s Samoan Sand. You’ll also need some chevron nail decals and some little tree decals unless you can freehand your own (which I probably could but I couldn’t find my nail art brush.)I got these from Neverland Lacquers during a sale they were having. I also used That’s a Wrap by Cinema Swatch to aid in cleanup, cause I knew it would be messy as all get out. You’ll also need a pair of tweezers and a porous sponge.

DSC_0210

First up, paint your nails in the nude shade and put down your cleanup aid. Let this dry completely before continuing on.

DSC_0211

Using the porous sponge, dip it in a little of your deepest color and stipple it onto your accent nails. I used Bella Bosio’s Autumn Rubies.

DSC_0213

I then stippled Roses are Gold, then White Gold Engagement on top of the Autumn Rubies and covered it with LynBDesgins’ B-Shiny topper just to help the polish dry faster.

DSC_0215

Using your tweezers (and a lot of patience) remove your tree vinyls from their background and place them on the nail.

DSC_0218

Using a small piece of sponge and your tweezers, get a SMALL amount of polish gathered up, then pat most of it off. You don’t want a major amount on your sponge.

DSC_0219

Using the darkest polish first, stipple on the “leaves” of the trees.

DSC_0224

Continue stippling on the rest of the colors until you build up the color to your liking.

DSC_0230

You’ll wind up with an end result like this. I REALLY like how it turned out. You can do this on every nail if you’d like. I have no idea why my nail shape is so screwed up. I didn’t even notice it until now. And now it’s glaringly obvious.

DSC_0232

On the rest of the nails you have your pretty fall stippling on, once your polish is fully dry, apply your chevron decals. If you use a decal that has a lot of adhesive (and very strong adhesive) make sure that you put them on the skin of your hand or palm and take a lot of the sticky out of them. If not, you risk royally screwing them up. Cover the nail with your darker polish and remove the decals slowly and with a steady hand. Cover with the topcoat of your choice.

DSC_0246

And voila! A gorgeous fall inspired mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment