Sunday, March 2, 2014

Polish Review: Cinema Swatch’s Notebook Collection

Today I have a GREAT collection up for review today! I loooove Cinema Swatch’s polishes. Mostly because, like their creator, I’m a movie hound. I practically live in movies.

When she started sharing sneak peeks of her upcoming Notebook collection I started to drool instantly. The Notebook is one of my favorite romantic movies. I absolutely adore it. I love Nicholas Sparks novels and movies, mostly because they make me cry like a baby while I watch them lol. And I always, always dream of having a love like Noah and Allie’s, one that transcends time and space, one that ends so sweetly and completely.

*sigh*

DSC_0010

First up I have Get in the Water, a gorgeous turquoise based polish with teal flecks and blue holographic hexes.

DSC_0011

This is hands down my favorite polish of this collection.

DSC_0331

It goes on seamlessly and opaque in two coats.

DSC_0333

So beautiful. I absolutely adore the semi-transparentness of this polish. It makes a TERRIFIC jelly sandwich!

DSC_0012

Where Home Is is a gorgeous blue jelly polish with tons of shimmer.

DSC_0013

DSC_0279

Opaque in two coats, Where Home Is is a true stunner!

DSC_0282

DSC_0014

Next up is Broken, a black jelly polish with pink flecks and silver hexes and beautiful red holo hearts.

DSC_0015

The hearts do sink, so you’ll have to tip this one up on its top and let it settle.

DSC_0338

I had to paint on two layers of base and then fish the hearts out with a toothpick, which proved to be very, very tricky. But in the end it’s worth it as it translates very well onto the nail.

DSC_0340

Looks super cute even on my stubby little nails!

DSC_0016

I love all kinds of reds, and this is no exception. If You’re a Bird, I’m a Bird is a cherry red base with micro red holo, ruby, and silver glitters.

DSC_0017

It goes on completely opaque in two coats with minimal dry time and very little staining when not used with a basecoat.

DSC_0318

DSC_0319

Isn’t it a stunner?

DSC_0018

All of You, Forever is listed as a “iridescent pink blush with micro rose and pink holo glitters and flakes.”

DSC_0019

My picture does NOT do this justice.

DSC_0285

But this one does! It goes on completely opaque in two coats, but three would be even more sufficient for those of you who don’t quite like a little sheer polish every now and then.

DSC_0020

Last but not least, I have You Wrote Me? It’s listed as a micro glitter topcoat, but I swatched it by itself.

DSC_0322

This is two coats of You Wrote Me?, which is simply breathtaking by itself.

DSC_0326

I love how it shimmers and shines.

DSC_0327

And it’s not the least bit overly-flashy. I will have to try it out on different colors to see how it works!

All in all, these polishes are gorgeous and completely worth every penny of the incredibly low price of $5. You can purchase them and her other collections along with her just recently released for pre-order Memoirs of a Geisha collection at her big cartel store. Make sure to show her some love on her Facebook page as well!

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment