Thursday, March 6, 2014

Polish Review: Leesha’s Lacquer

Today I have for you three beautiful polishes from Leesha’s Lacquer!

The Good Witch: What are your favorite sources for inspiration?
Leesha: A lot of my inspiration comes from songs. Raspberry Beret, Nightmare, DaBaDeDaBaDi and Only Exception, just to name a few are all named after songs. I'm also very inspired by the little things in life. If I see some colors on a billboard that look good together, you KNOW I'm going to be going straight home and making a polish after those colors. My inspiration for many things come from such odd sources!


The Good Witch: Where does your creativity stem from to allow you to come up with an array of colors and possibilities?
Leesha: My creativity probably stems from that fact that I've always been a creative and crafty person. You can find me doing up to 3 or 4 crafts at a time (I'm currently working on 2 sewing projects along with a new line of polishes!). I feel like my creativity sort of just flows out and seeps into my polish making.


The Good Witch: What do you love about making polish?
Leesha: The absolute BEST thing about making polish is creating so many glitter/color/finish combos! I love my one of a kinds the most because that means I only have to make one and can add as many pinches of glitter as I want! There are honestly many, many things I love about making polish and if I were to write down all of what I love it would be a novel!


The Good Witch: What made you start making polish?
Leesha: When I first heard about indie nail polish, I was very intrigued. I eventually went on Etsy and found a "make your own nail polish kit". After mixing my own polish for a few months, I decided that I might just have what it takes to sell my creations and went all in. And on August 1st, 2013, Leesha's Lacquer was born!


The Good Witch:If someone copies one of your polishes, is that flattering or insulting?
Leesha: I do frequently see combos similar to what I've made and honestly, I would have to say it is flattering. Then again, you also have to consider how many indie polishes are popping up. If I take a glitter mix that I bought from a reputable glitter selling company, you can bet your boots another girl bought the same one and plans to just pour that mix into a bottle and call it a day. There are only so many combos of glitter out there and though all of us indie makers are trying to be individual, dupes are sure to be out there!


The Good Witch:What are some of the new polish trends going around that you like and what are some that you cannot stand?
Leesha: This trend is sort of last year, but I still see big polish brands making them, but I have to say that I love the texture trend! That being said I cannot stand the feather/foil trend (like china glaze's crinkled chromes). The feathers kind of freak me out and I can see little feather like things in the crinkled chromes, so that's a no for me. But texture polishes are awesome!


The Good Witch: Do you have anything awesome in the works for your customers?
Leesha: I have been planning a little somethin', somethin' for quite some time now, but the timing never seemed right. In the next couple of months, watch out! Leesha's Lacquer is definitely getting a little face lift!


The Good Witch: What type of base coat do you use or suggest? As well as top coat?
Leesha: I actually do not use/need a base coat because I do my own acrylic nails at home. I use a glue base coat that just peels off and file away whatever is left behind.
As for top coat, I swear by Seche Vite. It dries so quick and I don't really have to worry about the goopiness that people often complain about because I bought the big ol' bottle and I'm able to refill my smaller bottles.

 

DSC_0054

First up I have DaBaDeDaBaDi! A beautiful turquoise polish with a generous smattering of scattered holo.

DSC_0055

It is seriously a stunner and the application is effortless! Two coats and it’s opaque and shiny.

DSC_0220

It is a bit textured due to the glitter, but I like the look it lends the polish.

DSC_0222

DSC_0058

The next one up is Only Exception, a glitter topper full of gold and iridescent hex glitters.

DSC_0060

Beautiful formula and color scheme! Will be perfect for Easter nails!!!

DSC_0226

I have two coats on a naked nail on the index finger and then a light coat on the other three. It goes with practically any color!

DSC_0229

And looks beautiful by itself.

DSC_0236

Btw, this is China Glaze’s For Audrey.

DSC_0062

Lastly I have Desert Mirage, listed as “a lovely glittery top coat with fairy dust glitter, blue holo microglitter and black speckle glitter”, this one is my favorite of the bunch. I can see this used in a myriad of different manis.

DSC_0064

DSC_0238

I showed this over a naked nail, China Glaze’s For Audrey and of course, black and white.

DSC_0241

DSC_0244

DSC_0246

DSC_0248

Gorgeous, huh?!

The formula is spot on, dry time is nil and I’m seriously loving the fact that all these awesome indie designers are kicking butt on getting the dry time less and less.

You can buy these, and other beautiful polishes in her Etsy shop. Her polishes fall in the mid-priced range at $7 a bottle. It’s more than affordable for such beautiful polishes. Don’t forget to stop by her Facebook page and show her some love!

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment