Monday, March 3, 2014

Polish Review: Pahlish

I have the second half (minus the duo which I didn’t get my hands on in time! GRR) of Pahlish’s All of Time and Space collection on the blog today. I really hope they don’t come out with another part to this collection, cause I can’t afford anymore LOL

I have a thing for Pahlish’s…. Polishes? Seriously… They need to quit coming up with these.

tumblr_m282icJkLo1rparxzo1_500

First up is Crimson, Eleven, Delight, Petrichor. What is this you ask? It mirrors Idris, the TARDIS’ Matrix telepathic password and Amy Pond’s Petrichor fragrance advertisement.

DSC_0024

Crimson, Eleven, Delight, Petrichor is listed as a “Delicate creamy pink base with a mix of neon coral, neon pink, watermelon, and fuchsia glitters in a mix of matte and metallic with an accent of shimmery red flakes”

DSC_0025

This baby is a stunner, that’s for sure. It goes on opaque in two coats. You do have to smooth it out a bit, but it’s truly a gorgeously designed crelly.

DSC_0344

Isn’t it beautiful?!

DSC_0347

tumblr_lxtc0xXfy11qll2l1o1_500

Next up is Cross My Hearts.

DSC_0028

Pahlish lists Cross My Hearts as a “Oxblood red jelly with red metallic and iridescent violet flakes along with a subtle warm purple shimmer” and for some reason I nearly swooned when I read this description LOL.

DSC_0029

It’s a stunner, even in the bottle.

DSC_0348

Opaque in just two coats, it is a bit rough, so a good leveling topcoat is in order.

DSC_0355

But it’s still so pretty!

tumblr_mhprq8DvAw1rsm741o1_250

Next up is My Bespoke Psychopath.

DSC_0035

Designed with my favorite Who character River Song in mind, My Bespoke Psychopath is listed as a “Rich purple jelly with a strong liner holographic finish with an accent of rich red metallic flakes.”

DSC_0036

DSC_0359

My Bespoke Psychopath is such a beautiful polish, opaque in two coats with such a strong holo to it that it’s seriously stunning!

DSC_0361

DSC_0363

tumblr_mye7vmLvZT1s36jhoo4_250tumblr_mye7vmLvZT1s36jhoo2_250

DSC_0030

Next up is Raggedy Man, Good Night. Listed as a “Very dark charcoal (almost black) holographic finish with a mix of rich copper shimmer and violet iridescent flakes” Raggedy Man does not disappoint.

DSC_0031

DSC_0366

Even on my short little nubbins it looks fabulous.

DSC_0368

DSC_0369

The holo in this one is spectacular.

tumblr_mt5z5vL1061semp5zo1_500

Next up is The Oldest Question…

DSC_0032

Listed as a “Neutral grey jelly with a mix of metallic copper hex and gold circles set against a rich coppery shimmer” I was kind of on the fence about The Oldest Question. I’m not much of a grey fan…

DSC_0034

Then I got it and I was like hmmm… Not TOO horribly bad.

DSC_0372

Then I put it on and I was instantly in love. It’s such an unassuming polish and it quickly became my favorite of the collection.

DSC_0374

tumblr_mo8wb3nSSU1sn6s52o1_500

Lastly I have The Song Is Ending…

DSC_0026

Listed as a “Rich turquoise cream with soft red metallic shimmer”, I figured The Song is Ending would be my favorite. But honestly… It fell pretty flat for me.

DSC_0027

In the bottle it looks fabulous, don’t get me wrong. But the polish didn’t translate well onto the nail.

DSC_0379

You can barely see the “red” shimmer, which seemed more of a copper to me.

DSC_0380

I’m just kind of meh about this color. Kinda sad, eh?

All in all, these are gorgeous polishes and a truly awesome addition to any polish/Whovian collection.

You can buy them and the other Part One polishes at Pahlish’s big cartel store.

No comments:

Post a Comment